Thursday, July 14, 2016

Revisiting old stories and rewriting them for today's young audiences has to be one of my favorite tasks.

While working through "Scary Stories 4: My Best Friend", my mind was continually brought back in time to the moments when the story was first told, quite a few times, as is my practice, before being committed for the first time to paper.

I remember the faces of the people I told the story to, how they pretty much all related to it in one way or another, and rarely has a story of mine been received so well and so quickly, by so many.

So as I move through the final stages of actually, finally getting this grande dame of a short story dressed up and ready for her coming out, I'd like to thank each and every one of those many listeners from a long time ago, who looked me in the eye and told me that this was one of the best, if not the best, scary short stories they'd ever heard.

Thank you, one and all. Time for this lady to hit the road at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment